The mission of Southern NH Montessori Academy is to provide an educational experience to children Toddler through Grade 6 throughout Southern NH, providing an enriched curriculum and intriguing environment that cultivates human potential, nurtures spontaneous curiosity and inspires a sense of wonder.
At Southern NH Montessori Academy:
- Children learn at their own pace intellectually
- Through an integrated curriculum, concentration is given to educating the “whole child” (all facets of the child’s being, including: intellectual, physical, emotional, social and creative aspects) with a strong emphasis of hands-on and experiential learning
- Each child’s education is guided by individualized learning plans
- We shepherd the character development of each child promoting independence, respect for oneself and others, and self-expression.
The mission of NH School of Applied Learning is to establish and cultivate a Middle School learning community which challenges traditional assumptions about the educational process by:
- Creating a student-centered environment where students have choices, make decisions, accept responsibility, and work cooperatively
- Allowing students to experience acceptance and criticism in a supportive environment
- Involving students in powerful learning experiences that include applied learning projects and community service
Specifically designed to support the cognitive, motivational and social needs of adolescents in a dynamic community environment rich with real-world learning; the NH School of Applied Learning encourages students to become motivated learners, collaborative problem solvers, and active participants in their community.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Southern NH Education Center team!
Southern NH Education Center is the home of Southern NH Montessori Academy (ages 3 months through 6th grade) and the NH School of Applied Learning (6th-8th grade).
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Director of Enrollment and Marketing
Southern NH Education Center is seeking a Director of Enrollment who is responsible for engaging and enrolling diverse families at SNHEC while raising the school’s overall visibility. The Director reports to the Head of School, oversees the admission/retention, and works collaboratively as a key, contributing member of the administrative team.
The Director oversees admissions-related collateral, events marketing, open houses, community marketing events, community partnership building and online marketing. The Director will continue to examine and implement ways to streamline and
digitize our enrollment, financial aid and other outreach efforts.
The Director of Enrollment, in partnership with other school leaders, creates avenues for ongoing family engagement and supports families in their ongoing relationship with the school.
• Minimum three years of experience in admission in an independent school; knowledge of Montessori philosophy and practice extremely valuable
• Appreciation of and commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population
• Fundamental commitment to viewing and treating children as whole, capable, independent selves, with the ability to communicate warmly and respectfully both to parents and children
• Experience in communications and marketing strategy; experience with social media tools and techniques
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication; strong presentation skills, outstanding analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and with colleagues at all levels
• Strong initiative, judgment and problem solving skills; high level of energy, creativity and flexibility
School hours are 8 – 4; this position requires night and weekend events throughout the school year
Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience
Technological proficiency, including familiarity with admission/enrollment software
Events management often includes some level of physical activity; this may require standing for several hours at a time or moving or lifting booths, tables or chairs.
Benefits: Southern NH Education Center offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Infant/Toddler Assistant (3-36 months)
DESCRIPTION: Southern NH Montessori Academy is looking for an Infant/Toddler Assistant (3 – 36 months) in our private independent school for the 2018-19 school year.
- Montessori early childhood credential required (AMS and/or AMI)
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Understanding of and commitment to multi-age learning environments and Montessori philosophy
- Experience with differentiating instruction to meet the needs of each child
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty to enhance curriculum and community
- Excellent communication skills with parents
- Commitment to professional development and best practices in education
- Outgoing, personable, and compassionate
- High level of organizational skills
- Positive and effective classroom management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, imaginative, and creative
- Effectively plan and problem solve
EXPERIENCE: Teaching experience with infant/toddler students preferred, criminal background check, updated health form and CPR/First Aid Certification required.
BENEFITS: Southern NH Montessori Academy offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Interested applicants should submit the following information to Debra Repoza-Hogan, Head of School – SNHEC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter describing your interest in the position with overview of your background and experience with children and education
- Current resume
- Three references
Southern NH Education Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks and welcomes applications from individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.